MEDICATION FOR NEUROPATHY
PLANO PAIN DOCTOR
NEUROPATHY TREATMENT OPTIONS
Diabetic & Peripheral Neuropathy
Your neuropathy can be managed by medication, but it is not the magic answer.
- Over-the-counter pain medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can relieve mild symptoms.
- Anti-seizure medications can help relieve nerve pain in some patients, but they have their own side effects.
- Capsaicin cream, the substance which makes peppers hot, can bring some relief to peripheral neuropathy symptoms, but some patients cannot tolerate the possible skin irritation that can be caused by this treatment.
- Lidocaine patches are another treatment you apply to your skin that might offer pain relief for some patients.
- Certain anti-depressants can help relieve the pain by interfering with your ability to process the pain, while others are better suited for neuropathy caused by diabetes.
Call us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.
The most critical step on the path to recovery is finding a pain management doctor who can address your pain management needs successfully. The Pain Relief Center and its five specialized institutes are dedicated to meeting any and all of a patient’s needs. Located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Dr. Rodriguez and his friendly staff will help you along the path to recovery.
Our new center in Dallas is part of a nationwide development by Pain Relief Centers, geared to providing individualized and comprehensive healing and pain management services with unprecedented levels of compassion, care, and comfort for each patient.