CENTERS & INSTITUTES
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 serves to protect the privacy of health records and information contained in a patient’s file. Healthcare providers and healthcare plans are legally required to follow this act. Under HIPAA, you are entitled to request your health records at any time. You are also required to grant authorization for the review of your records by health providers, which is the HIPAA waiver you sign at most providers’ offices. You are also able to file a complaint to your provider or with the U.S. government if you believe your HIPAA rights have been violated.
Protected Information Under HIPAA
- Information your doctors, nurses, and other health care providers put in your medical record
- Conversations your doctor has about your care or treatment(s)
- Your information stored in your health insurer’s computer system
- Billing information about you at your clinic
- Most other health information about you held by those who must follow these laws
The most critical step on the path to recovery is finding a pain management doctor who can address your pain management needs successfully. The Pain Relief Center and its five specialized institutes are dedicated to meeting any and all of a patient’s needs. Located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Dr. Rodriguez and his friendly staff will help you along the path to recovery.
Our new center in Dallas is part of a nationwide development by Pain Relief Centers, geared to providing individualized and comprehensive healing and pain management services with unprecedented levels of compassion, care, and comfort for each patient.